When a relationship breaks down, it is a difficult time for everyone, but the needs of the children should come first. Parents need to decide where the child or children should live and what contact the other parent should have. Such decisions are often difficult, provoking arguments and tension. There are other parties who might want to be involved, such as grandparents or step parents or same sex co-parents, in the day to day care of the children and this can make the matter even more complex.
You should seek legal advice from a specialist Family & Child Law Solicitor about such matters and at Paul J Watson Solicitor, you can be sure that we take parents’ rights very seriously. We will advise you every step of the way, whether mediation or court proceedings should be your chosen route. Whether your problem involves contact, residence, or other child arrangements issues, our Child Law Solicitors can advise and assist you.
Why choose Paul J Watson Solicitor?
- Our experienced and dedicated team will fight your case, helping you to negotiate and mediate where possible;
- We have two fully qualified solicitors, who have in excess of 7 years’ experience each;
- Free initial telephone consultation with our solicitor to assess your case;
- We are very proactive in progressing cases as quickly as possible and undertake most of our correspondence by email, considerably speeding up the process;
- Legal Aid is still available in some Child cases and we undertake Legal Aid work;
- Competitive rates and fixed fees are available if you cannot apply for Legal Aid.
Paul J Watson Solicitor can offer you sympathetic, constructive advice at this difficult time. Our Specialist Child Law Solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with cases of this type, so you can be sure that we can provide you with the knowledge and support that you need to resolve your case.
Our Family Team are all members of Resolution, and we therefore encourage settlement of cases in a non-confrontational way where at all possible. That does not mean that we will not fight your case in court if this is needed.
Following the Government’s cuts to Legal Aid, we also offer competitive fees in Child Law Applications. We charge an hourly rate of £175 plus VAT for the work of a fully qualified Solicitor with 7 years’ experience. Free initial consultations over the telephone are offered by our Solicitor, who will be able to assess your case and provide a fee estimate. We also offer fixed fees for attending court with you.
You can find more information on Children cases in our Factsheets relating to children matters.
Once you are ready to discuss your problem, either call our Family Team on 01642 293427 or alternatively complete our Contact Form and request a call back. We will not use your number to pressure you into instructing our firm.