Our Middlesbrough Solicitor explains;-
Involvement with Social Services can be a very worrying time and you might have been told that you do not need a solicitor. It is very important that you do seek independent legal advice before agreeing to a working agreement or placement. We offer free no obligation initial appointments to everyone and during that appointment we will assess you for legal aid.
1. The purpose of a Child Protection Conference is to bring professionals together with the family of a child at possible risk of harm;
2. A decision will be made and help and support will be offered;
3. Child Protection involvement does not mean that the Local Authority are going to take your children away;
4. You are entitled to have a solicitor with you at a Child Protection Conference, for advice and support;
5. Legal Help (a form of legal aid) is available for assistance at a CPC and you should check to see if you are eligible.
We are very experienced in child protection, PLO and care proceedings cases and we fight for our client’s right to family life with their child. If this is not possible then we are committed to getting the best possible result in the circumstances of the case. We do not simply tell you to agree to everything suggested by the Local Authority unless there is a very good reason for doing this.
If you would like legal advice or help with your family case, please contact our Family Team who will work hard to get you the best possible result in your case – read our testimonials.
You can complete our contact form requesting a call back, call us on 01642 293427 or send a private message to us on Facebook.