Paul J Watson Solicitors - 116 Borough Road - Middlesbrough - TS1 2ES - T: 01642 293427





Unmarried couples - Separation Solicitors

Living with someone unmarried is usually referred to by lawyers as ‘cohabitation’. Generally speaking, you have fewer legal rights if you're living together than if you're married and the law is also more complicated, so you should seek legal advice.

 Why choose Paul J Watson Solicitor? 

  • Our experienced and dedicated team will fight your case, helping you to negotiate and mediate where possible;
  • Free initial telephone consultation with our solicitor to assess your case;
  • We are very proactive in progressing cases as quickly as possible and undertake most of our correspondence by email, considerably speeding up the process;
  • Legal Aid is still available in some Child cases and we undertake Legal Aid work;
  • Competitive rates and fixed fees are available if you cannot apply for Legal Aid.


Paul J Watson Solicitor can offer you sympathetic, constructive advice at this difficult time.  Our Specialist Family Law Solicitors have extensive experience in dealing with cases of this type, so you can be sure that we can provide you with the knowledge and support that you need to resolve your case.


Our Family Team are all members of Resolution, and we therefore encourage settlement of cases in a non-confrontational way where at all possible.  That does not mean that we will not fight your case in court if this is needed.


Following the Government’s cuts to Legal Aid, we also offer competitive fees .  We charge an hourly rate of £200 ex VAT (£240 inc VAT) for the work of a fully qualified Solicitor with over 10 years’ experience. Free initial consultations over the telephone are offered by our Solicitor, who will be able to assess your case and provide a fee estimate.


Call us on 01642 293427 to book a no obligation free consultation, or alternatively complete our Contact Form and we will contact you.